Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 4 Geocache Tree


Geocache Tree (watercolor, 5" x 7") is the view out my brother Glenn and his wife Darla's front window from his ranch in Yerington, NV. Darla tells me that there is a geocache hidden in the bush at the base of this tree. This winter in Nevada is the coldest Glenn can remember in fifty years. The snow has been on the ground since early December.

Glenn and I went out for a walk through the snow by the weir on the Walker River where I took about 50 photos of the cottonwoods, snow, mountains, and fence posts from which I can paint later.

Glenn said, "You love those trees." I do love the cottonwood trees, the raw sienna bushes, and the blue and purple shadows on the snow. Not only was I born and raised in Yerington, but my love of art and of subtle earth colors was born there also.

Days completed: 4
Days to go: 361

No comments:

Post a Comment