Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 Abstract Triptych







Day 3

Abstract Triptych, vegetable dyes with Elmer's glue and glycerine on Yupo paper, each piece 7.5 " x 11"

Because I will be driving over the Sierra's today to Yerington, NV to go to my Uncle Eugo's (my dad's eldest brother, 97 yrs old) funeral tomorrow, I wanted to paint something simple and quick so that I could get on the road. Beverly Kay, my dear friend from Evelyn's Santa Cruz Memorial workshop, taught me this technique. The dyes do the darndest things when I'm not looking. These images were taken while they were still drying, so the paintings may be quite different when they are completely dry.

For inspiration, I was looking out the north window at the blue sky, eucalyptus, and blackberry bushes in the open space behind our house.

Days completed: 3
Days to go: 362

No comments:

Post a Comment