Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13 Hydrangea



Hydrangea (oil, 8" x 10") is the view out the window of the Sunroom at the Ted Adcock Community Center in Half Moon Bay where I teach my Wednesday afternoon art class for Seniors. I originally planned to go in early and paint another snow painting from Glenn's ranch, but, when I got there, I realized that I didn't have any white paint. Ooops, kinda hard to paint a snow painting without any white paint. Time for plan B.

One of the "rules" that I made for myself when I made this New Year's Resolution was that I could work on a painting for more than one day, and the day that I finished it would become the day that I could post it. In this manner, I could paint some larger pieces as long as I did a "quickie" to post for the day.

Luckily, I had this painting that I had started this summer of the hydrangea outside the art room and had a print of a picture that I had taken from my cell phone. The colors of the hydrangea were so beautiful, I wanted to capture the feel of these colors. And best of all... I didn't need white paint!

Days completed: 13
Days to go: 352

No comments:

Post a Comment