Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Paintings 130-138 Jeanne Carbonetti workshop

 Poppies, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 30 x 22", watercolor


 Dahlias, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 30 x 22", watercolor


 View from the Porch I, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 15 x 15 ", watercolor


 View from the Porch II, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 15 x 15 ", watercolor


 Study from View from the Porch, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop),
6 x 6", watercolor


 Study for Golden Mist, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 5 x 12", watercolor


 Golden Mist, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 15 x 30", watercolor



 Gestural Study for Barbie, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 8 x 6", watercolor



Barbie, (Jeanne Carbonetti Workshop), 30 x 22", watercolor

Jeanne Carbonetti's workshop was held May 21-25, 2012 at the Omega Center for Holistic Studies in in Rhinebeck, New York in the famed Hudson River Valley. The paintings above are my body of work for the five days. Jeanne was inspirational and an excellent teacher. I immersed myself in meditation and painting from within, using no reference photos,  painting what was in my heart and mind, allowing the painting to tell me the next steps, a style Jeanne calls Expressive Realism.

Golden Mist is my favorite from the series, an interpretation of Surfer's Beach. Jeanne gave me the  ultimate compliment during critique, calling it "high noon of Expressive Realism".

I spent the week with my dear friend Kristen, who painted beautifully in cool green, blue, and lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment